smeller.net scent projector - olfactorium
Welcome to smeller.net, the website on SMELLER 2.0, the first fully functioning electronic olfactory organ for public performing and internet transmission of olfactory compositions. Smeller 2.0 is a ‘first of its kind’ original scent organ. This is how it all started... Everything you always wanted to know about smeller, the first electronic olfactory organ for public performing and internet transmission of olfactory compositions.
Osmodrama via Smeller 2.0: Storytelling with Smells
‚Osmodrama‘ via ‚Smeller 2.0‘, the first electronic olfactory organ and scent-projector for composing, public performing and internet transmission of narrative scent-sequences.
Smeller as a machine, installation, hardware, functional sculpture follows merely function in its form and is only made to create and perform artworks of timebased olfactory compositions. Such sequences can be abstract or narrative, scripted or improvised, fictional or documental. Since the scents emitted and streamed by Smeller are not lingering or unintendedly blurring in the room, the recipient can experience a new smell practically with every breath taken. By this we are entering the realm of semantics with smells in olfaction. We begin to form language. The synaptic switches required to decipher olfactory sequences that are projected to make sense, seem to be partly inherited and can grow fast in the course of being exposed to „osmodrama“, the art of olfactory storytelling. This we can report after Smellers first public testing phase with almost 80 000 visitors in 2012.
- New website Osmodrama (2015.11.25)
- Crowdfunding Osmodrama and Smeller until 16th of December 2015 (2015.11.20)
- Video on Smeller and Osmodrama online (2015.06.10)
- On Osmodrama: Dialogic Movement – Moving Urban Images – Radialsystem V (2015.05.18)
- Lecture on Smeller opening Lecture Series at TUD Dresden (2015.05.16)
- Featured article on Smeller in Josefffine Numéro 9 (2015.01.22)
Artworks for Smeller
- NO(I)SE I (Smell Movie, 2012 Wolfgang Georgsdorf, 26 min.) (2015.02.09)
- HÄUSERFUGEN/HOUSE FUGUES (2012 Wolfgang Georgsdorf, 52 min.) (2012.06.16)
Press & Publications
- Die Symphonie der Düfte in: Berliner Morgenpost (german) (2016.02.08)
- Kino der Gerüche in: B.Z. (german) (2016.02.08)
- Newsreport on Smeller in Czech State TV (2015.11.05)
- Un voyage dans l’osmosphere, in: Josefffine Numéro 9 (french) (2015.01.22)
- Smeller-Artikel in der Süddeutschen Zeitung / Weihnachtsausgabe 2014 (2014.12.31)
- Deutschlandradio Kultur im Gespräch mit Wolfgang Georgsdorf (2014.11.14)
Voices & Feedback
- Prof. Rhys Martin, Udk Hochschulübergreifendes Zentrum Tanz Berlin (2015.10.29)
- Ullrich Schreiber, Peter-Weiss-Stiftung Internationales Literaturfestival Berin (2015.10.29)
- Patrick Javault (independant curator and art critic) (2014.11.07)
- Klaus Heinz Adam Audio (2014.10.22)
- Dr. Josef Ostermeyer Bundesminister für Kunst und Kultur (2014.10.18)
- Martin Sturm OK Kulturquartier (2014.10.16)
The team: people who gave their best for Smeller 2.0
Sponsors & Partners
Experts and companies from different disciplines and trades have collaborated to realise the project Smeller 2.0. Without their support, know-how and products, this project would not have been possible.