Nearly 80.000 visitors in „Sensory Sensation“
Smeller 2.0 had nearly 80.000 visitors within the exhibition „Sensory Sensation“ between 14th June and 6th October 2012 at the OK-Center for Contemporary Art in the Upper Austrian cultural quarter: Smellodies and movies for the nose.
Smeller was running 11 hrs. a day, 7 days a week non-stop without a breakdown or any malfunctions throughout the show. The programmes altered weekly as scheduled and the compositions and series were wired and remotely installed over the internet from Berlin every week.
„A Childhood“, „House Fugues“, „Miniatures“, „Mute Alley“ and „Five Silent Pieces“ composed by Wolfgang Georgsdorf, with soundscapes by Matthias Haenisch and Andreas Albrecht were „Synolfies“ of about 60 minutes each, being replayed every hour.
In a light box and on display in the lobby of the museum visitors could check, which of the Synolfie’s smellody-movements and pieces were currently on.
Visitors reactions where pretty encouraging to carry out the project on a larger scale and several detailed feedbacks given, brought about precious findings for future compositions and fields of application.
- Smeller and Osmodrama in The Japanese Journal of Taste and Smell Research (2017.12.05)
- Osmodrama via Smeller 2.0 winning the Art and Olfaction Award (2017.07.27)
- Osmodrama Festival Berlin 2016 (2016.07.12)
- Lecture Osmodrama – Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf (2016.03.05)
- New website Osmodrama (2015.11.25)
- Crowdfunding Osmodrama and Smeller until 16th of December 2015 (2015.11.20)
- Video on Smeller and Osmodrama online (2015.06.10)
- On Osmodrama: Dialogic Movement – Moving Urban Images – Radialsystem V (2015.05.18)
- Lecture on Smeller opening Lecture Series at TUD Dresden (2015.05.16)
- Featured article on Smeller in Josefffine Numéro 9 (2015.01.22)
- Interview Smeller, Video Nr. 6: Klaus Heinz und Joachim Baur in a talk with Wolfgang Georgsdorf (2015.01.16)
- Featured article on Smeller in Süddeutsche Zeitung X-mas issue 2014 (german) (2014.12.31)
- Deutschlandradio Kultur im Gespräch mit Wolfgang Georgsdorf (2014.11.14)
- Interview Smeller, Video Nr. 5: Patrick Javault and Sam Auinger in a talk with Wolfgang Georgsdorf (2014.11.07)
- Smeller / Osmodrama, Video Nr. 3: Eva Mattes and Geza Schön in a talk with Henriette Heise (2014.10.02)
- Artist Talk – On Smeller, University of applied arts Vienna, 5 December 2013 (2013.11.27)
- Goethe-Institut Interview with W. Georgsdorf on Smeller 2.0 (2013.09.18)
- Bavarian Radio 2: Article and Podcast on Smeller 2.0 (2013.07.01)
- Winning OUTSTANDING ARTIST AWARD – INTERDISCIPLINARITY 2013 (2013.05.28)
- NO(I)SE – first olfactory movie via Smeller 2.0 (2013.04.10)
- Lecture on Smeller (2013.04.10)
- Exhibition: RIECHER (2013.04.05)
- Documentary „Making Of Smeller 2.0“ under way (2013.01.06)
- First olfactory movie in preproduction (2013.01.06)
- Nearly 80.000 visitors in „Sensory Sensation“ (2013.01.06)
- Smellodrama (2012.08.28)
- On Smeller (2012.08.28)
- Smellodrama / On Smeller (2012.08.25)
- On Smeller (2012.08.24)
- SINNESRAUSCH / SENSORY SENSATION – The Exhibition (2012.06.14)